By donating unwanted building materials, not only do you avoid hauling and tipping fees that may be associated with disposing of these items, you are keeping waste from piling up in area landfills and cutting down on the energy use and pollution from new production. Approved in-kind donations can be dropped off, by appointment, at our Materials Reuse Center.

All donated materials must be in fair to good condition. Please see the list below for some examples of materials we accept. Please note the requirements for making donations – we are a small operation at the moment and do not have the capacity to process materials otherwise. All donations must be approved before being dropped off or picked up.

  • Lumber – joists, beams, flooring, etc: must be de-nailed, stacked and banded
  • Bricks and large stone: must be free of mortar, whole and stacked and banded on a pallet
  • Metal: must be sorted and bundled
  • Doors, windows and cabinets
  • Antiques and specialty items
  • Others

We provide a letter of acknowledgment for all contribution – this allows you to claim qualified donations as deductions from your tax liability – saving you money! (see below for more information on the deduction of in-kind, non-cash donations)

Please contact, if you are able to contribute or if you have any questions. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Filing requirements for deductions of noncash charitable contributions

Individuals, partnerships and corporations must complete Form 8283, to submit along with other tax filings, if the total deduction for all noncash contributions for the year is over $500(Instructions on filling out Form 8283)

If the total deduction for all noncash contributions for the year is less than $5,000, Section A of the form must be filled out. If the total deduction is over $5,000, you must complete Section B for each item or group of similar items you are claiming. Contributions greater than $5,000 require an appraisal from a qualified, independent appraiser. (Appraisal Requirements for Noncash Charitable Contributions)

* Please consult your tax adviser for specific questions about filing deductions.

* For more information on charitable contributions, please see IRS Publication 526